When
a potter sits down and starts making a vessel, he has an already
predetermined purpose that it is to accomplish. He does not start
molding and then hope it will be something worthy. He sits down and
draws a blueprint on how to come up with a masterpiece. The potter is
the only one who knows what he is molding and the vessel has no say about
how it is being molded.
The sames goes to God and His purpose for every human being. The
true meaning of a life and its purpose can only be quantified by its
originator. Each and every one of us was made for a specific purpose.
You were not just born, to live in this world for some years and then
leave without a mark as if you never existed.
But now, this is what the Lord says—
he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel:
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel:
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
(Isaiah 43: 1)
God did not only create us but He is forming us just as a potter forms a vessel. He is the Potter and does what He wants with us so we might accomplish His purpose on the face of the earth. The problem is that we want to question God on everything He is doing in us or anything that is coming our way. We always forget that His ways are not our ways and even in the darkest times He is still in control.
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you;
Before you were born I sanctified you;
I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”
Before you were born I sanctified you;
I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”
(Jeremiah 1:5)
Why not trust
that He knows what He is doing and let Him do His work without your
interference or contribution. You see, He doesn't need your opinion about
His masterpiece. It would do you justice to move out of His way and let
Him work in peace. How can a machine give an advice to the
manufacturer? So, in the seasons when you feel hard pressed, be assured that you can not be crushed. His hands are firm yet gentle enough to mold you. Mostly we do not see His molding while going through it, but when we look back and see the masterpiece we have become, then we realize that the process was worth it.


No comments:
Post a Comment